Ian A. Bourne
- connected to 57 board members in 7 different organizations across 10 different industries. See Board Relationship
- Director, Canada Public Accountability Board
Board Members Memberships [source]
- Director CE Generation LLC
- Member of the Board, Member of Investment Committee, Chairman of Audit Committee, Member of Human Resources Committee, and Member of Compensation Committee CPP Investment Board See CPP board members here.
Retired executive vice-president and CFO of TransAlta Corporation, a power generation company, and president of TransAlta Power L.P. Over 35 years of experience in senior finance roles at TransAlta, General Electric and Canada Post Corporation. Chair of Ballard Power Systems Inc. Director of Canadian Oil Sands Trust, Wajax Income Fund, SNC Lavalin Group, and the Canadian Public Accountability Board. Former director of TransAlta Power L.P., TransAlta CoGeneration, L.P. and Purolator Courier Ltd. Qualifications include expertise in finance in major corporations and international experience in Paris and London.Member: Investment, audit (chair), and governance committees. [source]
- Director, Chief Financial Officer of TransAlta Corporation, Executive Vice President of TransAlta Corporation and Director of CE Generation Salton Sea Funding Corp.
- 1998-2006: Former President of TransAlta Power Ltd – General Partner and Director of TransAlta Power Ltd – General Partner TransAlta Power LP
- 2003-Present: Non Executive Chairman, Member of Audit Committee, Member of Corporate Governance Committee and Member of Management Development, Nominating & Compensation Committee Ballard Power Systems Inc.
- 2006-Present: Independent Director and Chairman of Audit Committee: Wajax Corporation
- 2007-Present: Director, Chairman of Corporate Governance & Compensation Committee and Member of Audit Committee Canadian Oil Sands Limited
Mr. Bourne became a director in November 2007. He is the Chair of Ballard Power Systems Inc. and a member of the board of the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board as well as Wajax Corporation, SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. and the Canadian Public Accountability Board. From January 1998 to December 2005, Mr. Bourne served as the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of TransAlta Corporation and he was President of TransAlta Power LP from its inception in March 1998 to December 2006. Prior to 1998, he served as Chief Financial Officer of Canada Post Corporation and spent 22 years with the General Electric Company in Canada and Europe. Mr. Bourne has completed the Institute of Corporate Directors, Corporate Governance program and is accredited as a certified director under that program with the ICD.D. designation. [source]
- 2009-Present: Vice Chairman, Interim Chief Executive Officer, Member of Audit Committee and Member of Health, Safety & Environment Committee SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.
Ian A. Bourne is Executive Vice-Chair and Interim Chief Executive Officer of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.SNC-Lavalin (TSX:SNC) is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure, and in the provision of operations and maintenance services. SNC-Lavalin has offices across Canada and in over 35 other countries around the world, and is currently working in some 100 countries.Ian Bourne is a corporate director and serves on the Boards of Ballard Power Systems, Canadian Oil Sands, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Canadian Public Accountability Board (CPAB), SNC-Lavalin and Wajax. He chairs Ballard Power, is the Audit Committee Chair at CPPIB and Wajax and chairs the Corporate Governance and Compensation Committee at the Canadian Oil Sands. He is director and chairs the Investment Committee at The Calgary Foundation.He retired as Executive Vice President of TransAlta at the end of 2006 (he was Chief Financial Officer from 1998-2005 and President of TransAlta Power LP from 1998-2006); he had been CFO at Canada Post for 5 years following over 20 years in the General Electric system, including CFO of GE Canada (1985-89).Mr. Bourne was named a Fellow of the Institute of Corporate Directors in June 2011 having completed the Director Education course in 2006 and the ICD.D designation. [source]
Other Affiliations [source]
- Ballard Power Systems Inc.
- TransAlta Utilities Corp.
- Wajax Corporation
- TransAlta Corp.
- Canadian Oil Sands Limited
- TransAlta Power LP
- CE Generation LLC
- CPP Investment Board
- Salton Sea Funding Corp.
- TransAlta Cogeneration, L.P
- Mount Allison University
- ICD Corporate Governance College
- Calgary Foundation
- Canada Public Accountability Board
Canadian Public Accountability Board – Board of Directors
In the News
Police execute search warrants at SNC-Lavalin April 13 2012 | Bloomberg BusinessWeek
Canada raids firm tied to Kadhafi’s Libya April 13 2012 | AFP
RCMP searching SNC-Lavalin headquarters April 13 2012 | Globe & Mail
RMCP raids SNC-Lavalin’s Montreal headquarters over actions of former employees April 13 2012 | The Tyee
SNC-Lavalin to pay exiting CEO close to $5-million in severance April 3 2012 | Financial Post
World Bank Investigates Canada’s SNC-Lavalin April 3 2012 | FAIR
World Bank Suspends SNC-Lavalin Unit’s Bidding Rights April 2 2012 | Hiffington Post
Montreal-based SNC-Lavalin’s CEO Pierre Duhaime out, Ian Bourne named interim chief March 27 2012 | Postmedia
Questions linger at SNC-Lavalin after CEO resigns March 26 2012 | Financial Post
SNC-LAVALIN ANNOUNCES DEPARTURE OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, APPOINTMENT OF INTERIM CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER AND FOURTH QUARTER AND YEAR-END RESULTS FOR 2011 March 26 2012 | SNC-Lavalin Press Release
APPOINTMENTS NOTICES: Canadian Public Accountability Board: Ian Bourne, Director November 24 2009 | Globe & Mail
ARCHIVED – MINISTER OF FINANCE APPOINTS NEW DIRECTORS TO CANADA PENSION PLAN INVESTMENT BOARD May 2 2007 | Department of Finance Canada
Canadian Oil Sands appoints Ian Bourne to Board of Directors November 16 2007 | CNW
Appointment Notice: Wajax Income Fund: Ian A. Bourne, Trustee September 28 2006 | Globe & Mail
For a full list of links on SNC-Lavalin & connections to Libya & Nato, please check Was Canada Targeting Civilian Populations in Libya?